House of Sensual Romance ™

This is a place of comfort for everyone. I hope you enjoy my stories, and those of my friends. Let me know what you liked about them and what you didn't. You can also visit my website lavernethompson.com for more excerpts of my work. And all work on my blog is copyright protected.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Dancer Excerpt


The Dancer
The Ballerina Series Book 3
Excerpt
by 
Ursula Sinclair


My fingers curled into the twisted sheets. I’d been suffocating from sheer terror. I took deep breaths before opening my eyes. It had been a long time since I’d had that vivid a dream. Years in fact, usually my dreams were about feelings of abandonment, loneliness, not quite so dark. So real. Because these weren’t dreams, but memories. Real nightmares from my past. Now I had had them two nights in a row. What the fuck!
Thank God, I didn’t let Christy come home with me tonight. I shouldn’t have let her stay with me last night, but I’d been so damn lonely lately. I tried to make it clear to her there was nothing more between us other than two people scratching an itch. I didn’t give a shit that she sometimes screwed other cast members, we weren’t dating. Still, I scared the shit out of her when I woke her up in the middle of the night screaming. When she asked what was wrong, I lied of course, and told her just a nightmare, and I couldn’t even remember what it was about. Not hardly. She and I shared the physical, not the emotional.These nightmares came from a place deep inside of me. I shared with no one.
        I thought I conquered this fear a long time ago. That and the psychiatrist bills said I had. In truth, I’d conquered it on my own, this memory of the haunted woods and a lost little boy. Well, partially on my own, I had a little help from my dad and a friend who gave me the tools to deal with it. I am a man now, and I had overcome this. I’d done it by learning all about the outdoors. So, I thought I had put this particular terror behind me. Fuck!

Released Aug. 1, 2015
Pre-Order now available on AMAZON